Microsoft Azure API Management Review

Stable, good pricing, and integrates well with other Azure services

How has it helped my organization?

Using an API management tool was new for us and it's definitely brought us a lot of value since implementation.

What is most valuable?

The way the solution integrates with other Azure services is its most valuable aspect.

What needs improvement?

The portal where we publish the APIs could be improved. Maybe this is because we didn't configure it. It is quite easy to bypass API management because we have a lot of information shared on the portal, where we publish our APIs. I worry there is potential for a security breach in the API publishing. There needs to be more security available on terms of the way we publish them.

We've been using the solution for three years now.

The solution is quite stable. We have no issues with it. there have been no crashes and we haven't experienced bugs or glitches. It's been quite reliable.

The solution is totally scalable. If a company needs to build out the solution to expand it, they can do so easily.

Support is very good. We have a direct line of contact with Microsoft product management's technical support. Contacting Microsoft has been very easy. It's perfect.

I did not participate in the installation. However, from the information I have received, it was quite difficult. It wasn't difficult because of the solution itself but because, for us, it was a totally new solution. We had no experience with it. If a company has a lot of experience with Azure API Management, it would be rather straightforward.

The pricing of the product is reasonable. It was one of the selling points for us when we were looking for a solution for our company.

We did evaluate a few other solutions before ultimately going with Microsoft. We looked at MuleSoft, for example, but it was a totally new environment for us. Another solution didn't have the level of maturity we wanted in a cloud product. Microsoft was also new, however, we had a lot of contacts there and we had all of their interfaces. After looking at the pricing and features, it ended up being the best option.

What other advice do I have?

So far, we've been very happy with the solution.

I'd rate it eight out of ten overall.

Private Cloud