Microsoft Azure App Service Review

Stable with an easy initial setup and good infrastructure

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution to create a website. Azure will provide infrastructure without any servers and can provide service to host the websites of the company.

What is most valuable?

The reason that we are using the product is for the stability that they have.

It's a platform as a service, so we don't have to manage the infrastructure to hold the websites. We use it more for the confidence that it's going to be up and running and is easier for us to maintain.

What needs improvement?

The network side needs improvement. It has to be more stable. Sometimes we have issues with the network side when we expand the solution. You need to find stability in order to expand the solution properly. When we do that, or we add another app service through the app service plan, we have issues with the network, and we lose communication between our data center and the app service.

The solution needs better integration capabilities on the network side. There should be more options, for example, to update the DNS server, straight to the app service.

I've been using the solution for six months. It's been less than a year, so it hasn't been too long.

The stability isn't as good as we need it to be on the network side. When we try to expand, we run into problems with the network. However, in general, we find the solution fairly stable.

The scalability is affected by the stability of the solution which isn't perfect. You definitely need multiple resources in order to scale effectively.

We have about 500 users on the website at this point. It's new, so people are just getting there.

Technical support is pretty good. Overall, I'd rate it eight out of ten.

We have their premier support. I've found that the response is getting slower on some cases. They could be faster, however, that's something that's always on the support team. Everyone always wants faster answers.

The initial setup is not complex at all. It's very straightforward. The best part is how quickly you can deploy the solution. It's just two or three clicks and you are up and running.

Overall, the deployment is good as, apart from this viable network, we have actually a 90.999% of it up and running.

Azure is a pay-as-you-go type of service. It's my understanding that the pricing is okay, however, it's not an issue I deal with directly.

What other advice do I have?

We're a Microsoft partner.

I'd advise other users just to be sure that they have all of the components on the Azure side in order to do the hybrid configuration. From my experience, that will give you better performance if you have everything on there. That, and it will be totally clear and you won't mix anything up with some private stuff.

Overall, I'd rate the solution nine out of ten.

4.7
More Microsoft Azure App Service reviews from users
...who compared it with Microsoft PowerApps
Learn what your peers think about Microsoft Azure App Service. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
523,372 professionals have used our research since 2012.