Microsoft Azure Application Gateway Review

Easy to work with, has good pricing, and is quite scalable

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution to just secure the traffic coming from the outside into our application.

What is most valuable?

Overall, we've been happy with the solution.

The solution has good integrations. You can combine it between a few different options.

The product is easy to work with. It has a very high level of performance.

The solution is well supported by Mircosoft. If you run into issues, they are there to assist and to work with you to resolve everything.

The pricing is quite good.

What needs improvement?

Occasionally the solution is too secure and we need it to allow in specific traffic. It tends to cut that traffic off due to its high security settings.

The monitoring on the solution could be better.

The product requires better reporting capabilities. Currently, we need to have a third-party handle that aspect for us.

There needs to be more of a security center. That way, we're able to see everything that's going on in the system.

The product needs to offer DDoS protection.

I've been working on the solution for one year. It hasn't been too long at this point.

This solution is quite stable. We haven't had any issues. It's been reliable.

When it comes to scalability, there are no limitations. Azure gives you whatever your environments need. It has all the capabilities to do what you require.

Technical support has been really great. It's one of its selling features. Microsoft is quite supportive and we've been very happy with their level of service so far.

The initial setup wasn't too complex. It was pretty straightforward. We didn't run into any issues in general.

The solution is quite reasonably priced. It costs less than other cloud solutions.

What other advice do I have?

We are Microsoft partners.

I would recommend this product to people. It's safe and Microsoft recommends it as well. Up until this point, it's working great for us. It's excellent at catching attacks and suspicious content.

Overall, I would rate it at a ten out of ten. It works well for us and offers good performance.

More Microsoft Azure Application Gateway reviews from users
...who work at a Comms Service Provider
...who compared it with Radware Fastview
Find out what your peers are saying about Microsoft, F5, HAProxy and others in Application Delivery Controllers (ADC). Updated: September 2021.
533,638 professionals have used our research since 2012.