Microsoft Azure Block Storage Review

The data lake is invaluable and it has a smooth setup

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case is for the creation of a data lake, which was looking at unstructured predominantly in big data storage, it is looking at an economical solution. This was then used in conjunction with an SAP BW solution pulling and using SAP data hub to thencreate a single ecosystem of data.

What is most valuable?

The data lake is invaluable. We also use Microsoft SQL in terms of structuring the data and getting into a position where it could be useful to support reporting. We use Databricks for data science. We incorporated Databricks with that as well.

What needs improvement?

In terms of improvement, it could use better integration with non-propriety tools. Azure pushes you down a data factory road for integrations but data factory isn't always a scalable, viable solution, particularly when using large numbers ofconnections to IoT solutions.

I have been using Microsoft Azure Block Storage for around a year.

We don't have any issues with stability.

I haven't needed to contact customer support.

The initial setup was smooth and straightforward. The deployment took very little time. The main time frame taken was on the SAP side. We put SAP on the Azure cloud which took some time.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate it an eight out of ten.

Think about your file structure to make sure you get it right. Management of the business is important because if the business starts pushing data into it in can turn into a data swamp.

Private Cloud