Microsoft Azure Cosmos DB Review

Straightforward to set up, stable, easy to use, and well-compliments a solution that includes a relational database

What is our primary use case?

Cosmos DB is a non-relational, NoSQL database. We are a solution provider and we implement this product for our clients. It is used for integrating and managing unstructured data such as videos, pictures, and other big objects that you cannot include in a standard database tablet. It is made for these kinds of activities.

Some of our customers include banks, where together with their main relational database, it provides a place for keeping track of unstructured data. The relational database is used to store the regular data, whereas Cosmos DB stores what is unstructured.

I also use this product for my own purposes.

What is most valuable?

Cosmos DB is stable and easy to use.

What needs improvement?

Better documentation on how to integrate with other components would be helpful because I was struggling with this. For example, I had trouble finding information on how to integrate with other Microsoft components. Also, consider a situation where you want to use Cosmos DB to manage the uploading of data to your website. Information on how to do things like this should be readily available.

I have been using Microsoft Azure Cosmos DB for less than a month.

Cloud-based solutions like Cosmos DB are quite stable.

This is a scalable product. When I originally used it on the cloud, Microsoft Azure, I tried changing a lot of things such as increasing the memory to see how it performed. The response was quite good.

Technical support is good and they are responsive.

Prior to Cosmos DB, was using MySQL, but it isn't a non-relational database.

The initial setup is straightforward. It was complete in about five minutes.

I deployed it myself.

There is a licensing fee.

What other advice do I have?

This is a good product and I recommend it, especially in cases where people want to keep their information outside of the organization and on the cloud.

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.

Microsoft Azure
Find out what your peers are saying about Amazon DynamoDB vs. Microsoft Azure Cosmos DB and other solutions. Updated: July 2021.
523,535 professionals have used our research since 2012.