Microsoft Azure DevOps Review

Easy to implement, good CD pipeline, and very stable

What is our primary use case?

We normally use DevOps. On the application, everything has gone DevOps, however, we don't use the functions. All applications developed there have gone under Azure or AWS. We normally develop them to be able to not be dependent on anything, so if we want to deploy them in another environment, we can deploy them easily. If we want to use it in Azure, we use it in Azure. If we want AWS, we use it in AWS.

What is most valuable?

I like the CD pipeline. It's the most valuable feature for us. It's so easy to integrate into the CD/CI environment. I mostly love that one.

The initial setup is quick and easy.

What needs improvement?

The functions have too much dependency right now, so it makes it really, really hard to upgrade and make a change in the code.

If you want to use the DPR it's a bit harder due to the fact that it's only 30 days.

We've been using the solution for a year and a half at this point.

The stability of the product has been good so far. I can't say that I've witnessed glitches. There aren't bugs. It doesn't crash or freeze. It's reliable, as far as I can tell.

We don't have any issues with the scalability of the solution. If we need to, we're able to scale.

We've never contacted Microsoft for technical assistance.

We are Microsoft partners. We have several Azure experts on our development team, and we have a tech that came from the US and did the training for us. We have a very strong understanding of the product and therefore we don't need help with troubleshooting or anything of that nature.

We also currently use AWS, however, I prefer Microsoft's solution as it's a bit easier to use overall.

We did not find the initial setup to be complex. The implementation is straight forward.

Deployment is quick and typically only takes a few days or so.

We have ten people that handle maintenance. They are in different parts of the world. We have two in Australia, for example, and two in the USA.

The cost can get pretty high if you aren't paying attention to what you are doing.

What other advice do I have?

We're partners with Microsoft.

I'd highly recommend Microsoft, and I recommend it more than any other solution. Everything is very simple and straightforward. The only worry for some organizations may be the cost. You need to be really, really careful.

I'd rate the solution overall nine out of ten. I think it's really, really great. If the functions were a bit better, I'd give it a full ten out of ten.

More Microsoft Azure DevOps reviews from users