Microsoft Azure DevOps Review

Easy to onboard and use, with complete integration between pipelines and testing

What is our primary use case?

I am a consultant and this is one of the tools that I use to help develop solutions for my clients.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the complete integration between test cases, pipelines, and issue management.

What needs improvement?

The test management section needs to be improved. It is easy to use but they can make changes such that it is more comfortable for the users.

I would like to see a full-quality dashboard added. For example, if I am not using their pipeline then I would still like to see the dashboard available.

I have been using Azure DevOps for more than two years.

I have found it stable, so far.

This product is very scalable. I am currently using it for about 10 users and if I want to add more then I have to pay more money.

I have not yet been in a position where I needed technical support for this product. In the past, I have dealt with Microsoft's technical support for other products and I have found them to be fine.

I have also worked with similar tools such as GitLab, GitHub, Bitbucket, and then Jira.

Because I am a consultant, I work with multiple tools and the choice is that of my client.

I find that the pricing is good, and it is competitive with the other vendors in the market.

What other advice do I have?

My advice to anybody who is considering Azure DevOps is that it is quite easy to onboard. It is a good product if you really want to work in a close-knit environment.

Microsoft Azure
More Microsoft Azure DevOps reviews from users
...who work at a Energy/Utilities Company
...who compared it with JIRA Portfolio
Learn what your peers think about Microsoft Azure DevOps. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
522,946 professionals have used our research since 2012.