Microsoft Azure DevOps Review

Good organization and structure, and the scheduling works well

What is most valuable?

What I like the most is the DevOps Boards. It's easy to create a hierarchical project structure, assign tasks to people, and then track their tasks.

I also like the scheduling functionality.

What needs improvement?

I would like to automate notifications on sprint planning. When we are getting to the end of sprint planning, we would be automatically notified.

Also, it would be nice to have a percentage complete. For example, if a task is in progress, how much of it is complete, how much is left outstanding. I'd like that to be something that the assignee fills in and that automatically reports back to me.

I have been using Microsoft Azure DevOps for six months.

It's a stable solution.

Microsoft Azure DevOps is scalable.

I have not contacted technical support.

Previously, I used Microsoft Project. We chose to use Microsoft Azure DevOps because I needed something that my stakeholders could access.

The initial setup was very straightforward.

The time it takes to deploy is dependent on the type of deployment. Deployment of software, or deployment of the project into the software?

It took me a week to deploy the project into the software. It's approximately 800 PBIs.

What other advice do I have?

Before implementing Microsoft Azure DevOps, I would suggest doing your research on how to configure it. It is a product that I recommend

Private Cloud

Microsoft Azure
More Microsoft Azure DevOps reviews from users
...who work at a Energy/Utilities Company
...who compared it with JIRA Portfolio
Learn what your peers think about Microsoft Azure DevOps. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
523,431 professionals have used our research since 2012.