Microsoft Azure DevOps Review

Stable, scalable, and good for source code control and task management

What is our primary use case?

We are trying to move our entire DevOps cycle to Azure DevOps. It includes test management, source code control, and some parts of CSED.

It is deployed on the cloud, so we always have its latest version.

What is most valuable?

Most of the features are very valuable for us, especially the source code control and task management.

What needs improvement?

The main issue that I have is the connection speed. Sometimes, the response is too slow. I am based in Taiwan, and I am not sure if it is because of broadband or something else.

Its initial configuration is also a little bit difficult.

I have been using this solution for almost one year.

It is stable.

It is scalable. Currently, we have around ten users. We hope to increase its usage.

I didn't have to get in touch with them. I didn't have any technical issues.

We have used Jira and TFS. Microsoft Azure DevOps is very useful in terms of management. We are trained to be the users of the DevOps services, but with Jira and TFS, we also had to manage the server, which we didn't want. We wanted to eliminate this kind of effort and just wanted to publish our own developments without having to manage the server.

It is a cloud solution, so there is no installation. Its initial configuration takes some time and is not very easy.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate Microsoft Azure DevOps an eight out of ten.

More Microsoft Azure DevOps reviews from users
...who work at a Energy/Utilities Company
...who compared it with JIRA Portfolio
Learn what your peers think about Microsoft Azure DevOps. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: May 2021.
509,570 professionals have used our research since 2012.