Microsoft Azure DevOps Review

We use it for all of our development activities, and it is a complete solution with good reliability and scalability

What is our primary use case?

We are a product company, and we use Azure DevOps for product development. It is our backend platform, and we use it for all of our development activities.

What is most valuable?

You get a complete solution with Azure DevOps. You can do everything in one place, starting from requirement gathering until you release the product. It is a reliable, scalable, and handy product.

What needs improvement?

Its testing features are limited and can be improved a little more. They should provide more options from the testing and build perspective. Currently, we have to use a third-party product for testing. It would be great if it has more than one testing tool.

They have brought a lot of new collaboration features in the latest version. We haven't used those features, but they should continue to expand it more on the collaboration front so that two developers can look at the code and work at the same time. It will be helpful for working from home.

Its UI can be easier and more customer-friendly. The UI can be improved from the project management and agile perspective.

Its price can also be reduced. It would be great if they are a little bit more competitive in terms of pricing because many open-source products are currently available in the market.

I have been using DevOps within the last 12 months.

It is definitely a reliable solution. That's why we have been using it for quite some time.

It is scalable. There are no issues in terms of scalability. Currently, we have around 100 users. Its usage will definitely increase because a lot of new projects are coming.

When migrating from TFS to Azure DevOps, we didn't get great support and response from Microsoft.

Its initial setup was a little complex for us. We had been using TFS for quite some time, and migration was a bit difficult for us. We didn't get great support and response from Microsoft. We had limited resources in terms of support, and that's why it took us longer to figure out how to migrate from TFS.

It has an annual subscription. It can be cheaper for partners. Many open-source products are available in the market, and it would be great if they can be a little bit more competitive in terms of pricing. A lot of startups are looking for an open-source, free, or cheap solution. If they can accommodate such requirements, it will be good for the product in the long run.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate Microsoft Azure DevOps an eight out of ten.

2019
More Microsoft Azure DevOps reviews from users
...who work at a Energy/Utilities Company
...who compared it with JIRA Portfolio
Learn what your peers think about Microsoft Azure DevOps. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
523,372 professionals have used our research since 2012.