Microsoft Azure DevOps Review

What is our primary use case?

• Source code management
  • Git repository management including a visualizing for the pull requests process
  • Build automation
  • Continuous integration
  • Project management
  • Test management
  • Release automation
  • Work estimation
  • Capacity management
  • Backlogs and Kanban boards for different teams
  • Load test
  • Integration test automation and unit test projects with status reports on the test results.

How has it helped my organization?

Azure DevOps helps us to implement all our DevOps practices with a complete end-to-end cycle starting from code commit till the production deployment including continuous feedback.

This enables us to release the silos between the teams and enhance collaboration. Also, it gives us more control on the project delivery lifecycle and to fix the issues more earlier than before as we are aligned and working on one integrated system which can give us reports about any piece of info.

What is most valuable?

• Linking the project teamwork (bugs, tasks, user stories, test cases ) with the code, build, release, delivery
  • It's a matter of integration to have only one platform for all your software development life cycle.

What needs improvement?

• Enable more control on Application Insights integration to open different types of work items as this is area still need more enhancements.
  • Test management extension is too high to be paid on a monthly basis.
  • Test and feedback chrome extension still need more development as they are not very stable.

1 visitor found this review helpful
3 Comments
Mohamed SadekReal UserTOP 5LEADERBOARD

Azure DevOps Cloud version and Microsoft just release the new on primes version called Azure DevOps server 2019 instead of TFS Server.

05 March 19
Jeisson Javier IglesiasReal UserTOP 10

Really helpful post. Thanks.

22 March 19
Daniel HallReal UserTOP 5LEADERBOARD

I'd add that the reliability needs improving, there have been a few outages lately, had numerous issues where marketplace modules install but cannot be used and the live updates on running pipelines stop working. As it matures I can see it being a strong competitor

06 May 19