Microsoft Azure DevOps Review

They fix issues and add new features quite regularly and it offers many analytical capabilities

What is most valuable?

The ability to interact with various other Azure services like for a deployment or using CICD was very helpful because when we leverage it for Azure IT helps. There's no CICD pipeline available. They provided us with some of the plugins to deploy that onto the Azure IOT edge.

What needs improvement?

They do very frequent releases, there's a complete change in UI kind of stuff. Sometimes it feels like they change it too often. They fix issues and add new features quite regularly which is good.

They leverage a lot of new features, new features get released frequently, and sometimes the change management on our side is a bit complicated because we'll see something and there's an entirely different way how it is presented. You need to get it all working again.

Previously we asked them for more analytics on top of what they already had so that we could look at it comprehensively and see how the projects are progressing. They implemented these changes for us.

I have been using Azure for the last couple of years.

It's stable. It's good. If there are some features missing we connect with the Microsoft team and then they get it developed and we utilize it.

It is very scalable. We use it for quite a lot of projects including running the data and all that stuff. We do quite a lot of analysis and analytics on top of that.

We have hundreds of users using this solution.

We don't really use technical support for incidents but more for developing new features.

I've been using Microsoft based solutions, like VST and then like before that DSS. It was a natural progression from VSTS into Azure DevOps.

The initial setup is straightforward. We've been using Microsoft products for a while.

What other advice do I have?

It's a good tool, quite rich, it has a lot of features, and quite a lot of analytical capabilities which are built on top of it so that you can see how your projects are going and all that stuff. It's a good tool.

I would rate it a nine out of ten.