Microsoft Azure DevOps Review

Beneficial reports, highly stable, and excellent technical support

What is our primary use case?

We are using the tools in this solution mostly for planning our software projects by implementing Scrum. We use repositories, and create timelines for continuous deployments and integrations.

What is most valuable?

The reports have been most valuable. We have created some dashboards allowing us to be able to check our teams, their progress, and mission plans.

What needs improvement?

Microsoft Azure DevOps could improve by providing better integration with other tools. It is very easy to integrate with Azure, but when you need to integrate with other solutions, such as Amazon Web Services, is difficult.

I have been using this solution within the past 12 months.

Microsoft Azure DevOps is highly stable.

The support from Microsoft is great, if we need to solve some problems with Azure they are ready to help us. The support has been excellent.

Previously we used Visual Studio but then we changed some of our repositories for our projects to the cloud and now we use Microsoft Azure DevOps.

The solution is easy to install and it took us three months to implement. This includes the support for our teams and for them to come up with their strategy to manage our projects.

What other advice do I have?

My advice to others wanting to implement this solution is they need to think about their inter-process before moving to this kind of solution. In many cases, we start to configure some projects using the tools, but if we do not have our roadmap and do not define our goals, we cannot take full advantage of the tools. There should be a lot of planning before moving to the projects.

I rate Microsoft Azure DevOps a nine out of ten.

Latest version
More Microsoft Azure DevOps reviews from users
...who work at a Computer Software Company
...who compared it with JIRA Portfolio
Learn what your peers think about Microsoft Azure DevOps. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: September 2021.
534,299 professionals have used our research since 2012.