Microsoft Azure File Storage Review

An easy setup with a good interface and good monitoring capabilities

What is most valuable?

The solution is easy to use and works well.

We've been happy with the monitoring capabilities.

The interface is very good.

The setup is easy.

What needs improvement?

The pricing could be improved. They need to make the costs more transparent so users know what they will be charged and why ahead of time.

Technical support could be improved.

We've been using the solution for seven years.

Over the past seven years, the solution has been mostly stable. We haven't experienced any stability issues that have been catastrophic. The solution overall has been fine.

We've had contact with technical support in the past. They're mostly okay. The level of service, however, varies. They could work to make it a bit better.

The initial setup is straightforward. We find it easy to implement.

I deployed the solution myself seven years ago. I didn't need the assistance of a reseller or specialist.

The pricing is a little bit hard to determine. I never know how much it's going to cost me in advance, only after the fact.

What other advice do I have?

We use quite a few different products on Azure. For example, we also use Azure Backup and Stack.

A small team at our organization is using the software. We use the solution daily.

I don't really have any advice to give to others. I would just say that it's pretty straightforward and it works well for our team.

I'd rate the solution eight out of ten. It's generally okay. It doesn't blow my mind in the sense that it's so unique or revolutionary. It does what it needs to do.