Microsoft Azure Logic Apps Review

Comprehensive, plethora of features, but not user friendly and is expensive

What is our primary use case?

We use the solution for data extraction and transformation.

What is most valuable?

The solution has plenty of good valuable features and a plethora of services.

Azure is comprehensive which can meet business strategy standards.

What needs improvement?

The solution is not user friendly. In the beginning, the solution is easy to use and works fine but when you are doing more advanced tasks it then becomes more difficult.

I have been using the solution for two years.

I've dealt with customer service in four or five scenarios. The support I have received is mixed because in some cases they are accurate, and in others, it was me doing the groundwork and giving feedback for the agent to finally tell me there is an issue in their larger services. This should have been explained to me at the beginning of the conversation and not left to the end.

The installation is not straightforward. I would say it is hard to generalize the complexity. In some solutions you are able to extract and do minor transformations. There are other cases where it takes a lot of time to achieve something that could take a couple of weeks to a month, to go from requirements to design, development, and proper job strategy.

The licensing structure is not complex.

The cost of the solution could be cheaper. For example, if you're doing a cost savings of $30,000 per year, but you are implementing a service, which is going to cost close to that range, then there might be better options. What is the point in implementing a solution which is going to costs you that much? I would rather invest in something that is going to give a broader gain.

What other advice do I have?

I don't recall which version I am using for the solution because it is based on what the latest version Azure has released at the time.

We are actively trying to move all our solutions to ones in the cloud because of the cost of increasing infrastructure and it is also hard to maintain an in-house data center.

I think Power Apps should be as user-friendly as possible, to allow more business-oriented people to utilize such things for their self-services needs rather than depending on IT resources.

I rate Microsoft Azure Logic Apps a six out of ten.

Find out what your peers are saying about Microsoft, MuleSoft, Boomi and others in Integration Platform as a Service (iPaaS). Updated: June 2021.
513,091 professionals have used our research since 2012.