Microsoft Azure Object Storage Review

Highly scalable and the performance is good, especially with unstructured data

What is our primary use case?

We use the Azure Object Storage for our IoT use case. We have thousands of vendors using our machines and they are sending machine performance data to Azure. We then use this data for analytics and product management.

We use it both in our development and production environments.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable options are performance and scalability. These two things are really effective.

What needs improvement?

The cost should be reduced to make it more competitive. There are other vendors that provide good solutions, so if Microsoft were more competitive in terms of pricing then it would be one reason for us to continue with them.

I would like to have out-of-the-box connectors to make integration with other products easier.

We have been using Azure Object Storage for the past two and a half years.

Azure is 100% stable, although there was an issue one time when the entire service was down for a day. This had a big impact, globally, although they were able to compromise with people who were affected.

This solution is used by the consumers of our products, of which there are at least 10,000.

Microsoft technical support is good because we have an enterprise agreement. We are happy with it.

We had our own servers, on-premises, and then we migrated to Azure.

The initial setup was of medium difficulty. I would not say that it is simple or complex, and they have good documentation to help.

It took more than six months to fully migrate to the Azure environment.

In the beginning, we had assistance from Microsoft. They helped us to come up with the proof of concept and the use case for our business. After that, our internal team took over. I would say that we had about 10% external help.

What other advice do I have?

Azure Object Storage is a product that I strongly recommend for storing all of your unstructured data. Similarly, if you don't know what kinds of data you need to store, then this is the right choice. It also does well if you have massive volume.

There is an IoT hub that is going to be released and my hope is that it includes many advanced features.

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.

Microsoft Azure
More Microsoft Azure Object Storage reviews from users
...who compared it with Oracle Cloud Object Storage
Find out what your peers are saying about Microsoft, Amazon, Oracle and others in Public Cloud Storage Services. Updated: May 2021.
510,204 professionals have used our research since 2012.