Microsoft Azure Object Storage Review

Easy to use and easy to deploy, but requires more AI and ML-based modules and better pricing

What is our primary use case?

We are accessing remote accounting software by using this cloud. We are also using it for cloud backup and disaster recovery.

What is most valuable?

It is easy to use, and we use it for backup and remote desktop access. It is working fine.

What needs improvement?

They could improve AI and ML-based modules. They should add more modules based on artificial intelligence and machine learning.

Pricing is a little bit tricky with Microsoft Azure. They do provide the estimates, but it is not easy to guess the exact amount that we will be billed after a month or two because it is based on usage. This is a little confusing.

We have been using this solution for about six months.

It is not that good. Technical support of companies like Microsoft or Google is not that easy to get. There are many rules to get support from Microsoft.

The initial setup is straightforward. It requires a little bit of technical expertise. Not everyone can configure Azure. You will need some amount of technical skills or help from a Microsoft Expert. We have been using Microsoft products for many years, and that's why it is easier for us to implement. It may be a little bit tricky if you are not using the Microsoft environment.

We deployed it in ten days because we have to install our own software and do a few other things. Otherwise, it should take only one or two days.

We are integrators.

Pricing is always confusing for all Microsoft products. For this solution, they do provide the estimates, but it is not easy to guess the exact amount that we will be billed.

What other advice do I have?

I would advise others to go through the documentation first, and if required, they should get help from Microsoft Certified partners. If they are dealers, they should go for Microsoft Azure certification. It is very helpful in technical installation and deployment.

I would rate Microsoft Azure Object Storage a seven out of ten.

More Microsoft Azure Object Storage reviews from users
...who compared it with Oracle Cloud Object Storage
Find out what your peers are saying about Microsoft, Amazon, Oracle and others in Public Cloud Storage Services. Updated: May 2021.
510,204 professionals have used our research since 2012.