Microsoft Azure Object Storage Review

Stable backup and storage solution with cost value for long term retention

What is our primary use case?

We provide consultancy and we manage the service for our clients with different company sizes. We use this solution to keep backups of their data and for what we call cold storage.

There are some cases where we use it for general-purpose files.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the cost value, which is very important for long term retention.

We can keep the backups for a longer duration.

It's a simple solution.

What needs improvement?

They could provide multiple tools to provide you with cost calculations, giving you a better picture or providing you with better details of the cost calculations over the years.

I have been using Microsoft Azure Object Storage for two years.

It's quite stable.

This solution is easy to scale.

In most cases, it is used quite extensively.

We have contacted technical support a few times, and we have not had any issues, they always provided us with support.

Previously quite a few years back, there were several solutions available. We used a few solutions on a trial basis only, but they were slow.

The initial setup was easy and straightforward, not at all complex.

It took us about a week to deploy. There were four people involved to help with the deployment, one architect and three engineers.

For maintenance, most of it is automated, you only two or three to monitor and support it.

For the cloud, you get charges every day if you are going to download anything, besides the cost for storage those charges are always there.

We did not evaluate other options, we went with Microsoft straight away.

What other advice do I have?

It's not just the storage that is being affected, they have to know if they want to move the data back, and the data is vast and large, those costs will have to be taken care of also. That is something that you will have to be aware and cautious of.

I would recommend this solution.

I would rate it an eight out of ten.

Microsoft Azure
More Microsoft Azure Object Storage reviews from users
...who compared it with Oracle Cloud Object Storage
Find out what your peers are saying about Microsoft, Amazon, Oracle and others in Public Cloud Storage Services. Updated: May 2021.
510,204 professionals have used our research since 2012.