Microsoft Azure Object Storage Review

A reliable solution for long-term backup retention

What is our primary use case?

I use Microsoft Azure Object Storage for backups. Specifically, we use it for longterm backup retention.

What is most valuable?

The most important thing for me is reliability.

The support is very good.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see a reduction in pricing so that they can be more competitive.

The stability of this solution depends on the company that the client is working with. They have to be reputable and meet the appropriate standards for compliance.

This solution is very easy to scale. All of the object storage solutions have the same features.

We are in regular contact with technical support and I find them to be good.

The initial setup is pretty straightforward and it probably takes a couple of days to deploy.

The cost of this solution is high compared to others, although there are no costs in addition to the standard licensing fees.

There are other vendors for object storage on the market that are comparable in features, but the price of the competitors is cheaper. The main difference between vendors is the costs in terms of both storage and traffic.

What other advice do I have?

I am satisfied with the features that Azure Object Storage has.

In general, this is a product that I recommend but at the end of the day, the suitability depends on the use case and the requirements. If it is something that meets their needs then it will be very beneficial.

As we have worked with this product, we have not come across any problems that could not be resolved. That said, there is always room for improvement.

More Microsoft Azure Object Storage reviews from users
...who compared it with Oracle Cloud Object Storage
Find out what your peers are saying about Microsoft, Amazon, Oracle and others in Public Cloud Storage Services. Updated: May 2021.
510,204 professionals have used our research since 2012.