Microsoft Azure Review

A scalable solution that requires minimal administrative effort

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use Azure for our ERP system and DR usage. It is set up for multiple production workloads.

What is most valuable?

This solution requires minimal administrative effort.

The scalability is good.

The most valuable feature is Azure SQL.

What needs improvement?

Improvements need to be made with respect to the availability of third-party services.

I would like to see more advanced functionality in terms of information security.

We have been using Microsoft Azure for six years.

There is room for improvement in terms of stability.

Scalability is one of the best features. We have thousands of users.

I have been in contact with technical support and would rate them better than average. I find that it takes a long time to reach somebody who is a subject matter expert. This is because they first need to escalate requests from the level one or level two helpdesk. For the problems that we have experienced, we needed support directly from people with expertise.

The initial setup is straightforward and the deployment can be completed within short time. Now we can deploy most components/services within a day or two.

When we first implemented Azure, we engaged with a third-party system integrator. Now, however, we can do everything ourselves. We have approximately five people who do the maintenance of the cloud infrastructure.

The price of Microsoft Azure is pretty good. Among the top market players, it’s usually the cheapest or the one after. Our usage is more than $1,000,000 USD annually.

What other advice do I have?

My advice for anybody who is considering this product is that it can be a good start for SME, up to MNC who needs to see their full environment, rather than just a particular system or area.

Overall, this is a good solution but there is room for improvement.

Microsoft Azure