Microsoft Azure Review

Simple to set up, and very scalable but a bit complicated for large organizations

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution as a single point to check all our application metrics from tool to application.

What is most valuable?

The solution is very simple to set up.

What needs improvement?

Right now, in Azure, with the solution they offer, it's a bit complicated.

The application response time in particular consumes a lot of memory in terms of the CPU and application response time.

The control administration, every single control, every single application or service, has its independent dashboard. It's a bit complex to set up. It's simple to set up, however, when you want a metric for tracking or reporting, it's a bit difficult.

We've had issues with the login feature and have been looking into other solutions due to that ongoing problem.

The solution needs a more integrated password feature.

I've been using the solution for about two years.

The stability isn't that good as compared to AWS. Azure just seems to have more issues in general. It's not the worst, however, it's definitely not the best. We need to make a plan in case the percentage goes down.

We sometimes have issues with the Azure login. It's been a problem for the last few years. We've also had a data center fail.

The scalability of the solution is good. I personally haven't faced any constraints. Therefore, if a company needs to expand, I don't believe there to be a problem in it doing so.

I'm not sure of how many users are actually using the solution at our organization.

I'm not sure if we plan to increase usage or not.

I haven't been in touch with technical support, and therefore can't really speak to their responsiveness or knowledge about the product.

In terms of documentation, we're making our own in-house. We are creating the policies and procedures for how our monitoring should be and we are creating an inventory of which services we have and which metrics each service must have. It's a work in progress.

We're currently looking into different solutions as we've had some issues with Azure over the last few years.

We may have previously used a different solution, however, I might have been new to the company at the time and don't recall what it was.

It's really very straightforward to set up the solution. It's not complex at all. You just need to set up the features your need.

The solution doesn't require too much maintenance.

We usually use the subscription model Azure has. However, that doesn't include monitoring. We're looking at a new budget for that. It would be apart from the main Azure consumption.

However, I don't know the exact pricing. It's not part of the work I do.

What other advice do I have?

We're Azure partners. We have a business relationship with the company.

I'd advise others that Azure is good for monitoring for a small to mid-size organization. For those, it works well. For very complex scenarios, it will be difficult to manage.

I'd rate the solution six out of ten. It's much to complicated for larger organizations.

Microsoft Azure
More Microsoft Azure reviews from users
...who work at a Computer Software Company
...who compared it with Amazon AWS
Learn what your peers think about Microsoft Azure. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: February 2021.
465,623 professionals have used our research since 2012.