Microsoft Azure VPN Gateway Review

Has good networking and is faster than other platforms but it needs better troubleshooting features

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the networking. I didn't have a good experience with the networking that Sophos has.

What needs improvement?

I would like for them to improve the troubleshooting features. We have some problems with traffic and I can't identify where the problem is coming from. I have to open a ticket with support until it gets resolved. Microsoft doesn't offer enough tools to resolve the issue.

I have been using Microsoft Azure VPN Gateway for three to four years.

Stability depends. Sometimes I need to change the VPN Gateway for another tool like Palo Alto or Checkpoint because Microsoft isn't always so consistent.

It is scalable.

I don't have any problems with technical support. They're very good. The problem is the platform doesn't have enough tools to resolve problems but if you contact support, they have the ability to resolve anything.

On-premise, I worked with other tools but my principal work is with Azure. I worked with Cisco ASA and Fortinet. I studied Cisco but I didn't work with it in an actual environment.

The initial setup is very easy. It's not difficult.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate it a seven out of ten.

It's simple to deploy, it's faster than other platforms, and it's scalable which is an important advantage.

In the next release, I would like to see more troubleshooting tools. I would also like to see the connection to remain consistent.

Hybrid Cloud