Microsoft BI Review

An intelligent and intuitive data visualization and analytics tool

What is our primary use case?

We use Microsoft BI for the visualization of data. We also hope to use it for machine learning as it's very powerful, but at the moment, we are trying to get authorized for reporting and analysis.

What is most valuable?

It's similar to Excel, but it's much more powerful than Excel. I love the unlimited number of rows that can be processed, the grant server application, and the strong security.

It produces a very nice picture — very nice graph managers that are very attractive.

The way you prepare your reports is very intelligent and intuitive.

It's very easy to operate and the dashboard is great.

I have been using this solution for a few months now.

Microsoft BI is stable, but I cannot comment on the stability as we haven't yet used it for a big project.

The customer support is excellent. We get perfect support and it is regional — not only in our country, but there is also regional representation from Microsoft's so-called architects; they are very good professionals who help us with whatever we require.

Currently, we are in process of implementing this solution on my computer. I installed the Microsoft Power BI desktop application very easily and started my training. I didn't experience any difficulties.

I collected information from several sources and it's been working well — I am happy with this software.

I needed about 15 minutes to install the desktop application. The other portion is web-based, so I haven't gotten to that yet.

Microsoft BI is not very cheap. A premium license costs roughly 5,000 euros a month.

What other advice do I have?

I would absolutely recommend this solution to other interested companies.

Overall, on a scale from one to ten, I would give Microsoft BI a rating of eight.

More Microsoft BI reviews from users
...who work at a Energy/Utilities Company
...who compared it with Tableau
Learn what your peers think about Microsoft BI. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
523,431 professionals have used our research since 2012.