Microsoft SSRS is a fantastic means for end users to access, run, and schedule delivery of reports.
- Core functionality is simple to use for business users of all skill levels
- Report models even allow end users to adjust their own reports using a model of your data
- Report builder provides an even easier method for users to build their own reports
- Report data can even be scheduled for periodic delivery with the report data as an attachmentMicrosoft SSAS is one of the best BI suites on the market. It is also one of the least expensive, and the features bundled rival competitors with prices many more times as expensive.
- This feature is one of the most exciting areas of database technologies today
- Very powerful and relatively easy to use when compared to other Bi suites
Room for Improvement:
- Active Directory authentication requires an additional login for users without Internet Explorer
- Learning curve behind any business intelligence package is quite steep
- Price of the SQL Server bundle is potentially cost prohibitive for smaller businesses
I am quite passionate about the SQL Server suite of tools, and am a fervent user of SSRS. I use SSAS less, only because I am focused more on administration and have not moved into the SSAS space - yet. I am looking to head into the BI arena later on this year, and SSAS is my BI suite of choice!