• SQL Reporting and Analysis services provide me with a suitable way of analyzing queries and data objects.
• Automated reports can be generated using SQL Reporting and Analysis in XML and PDF formats which are easier to read and understand.
• Reports can be generated on demand using Reporting Services or can be delivered based on a subscription.
Room for Improvement:
• Reporting and analysis tools require additional skills rather than basic database programming such as Reporting Definition Language which may be a challenge for inexperienced developers.
• The installation requirements are quite demanding and only computers with relatively high processing power and large primary memory are able to run some SQL Reporting and Analysis tools.
I'm a big fan of the Report Server Project Wizard which comes with the development studio - very helpful as I become more advanced in BI. I find such help valuable in designing and implementing complex queries as well making it look simpler.
Disclosure: I am a real user, and this review is based on my own experience and opinions.
May 06 2013