Microsoft 400x400

Microsoft BI Review
Helps to create the board report pack for financial reporting. The graphical and dashboard reports must have tabs.

Valuable Features:

It is good for highly formatted reports.

Improvements to My Organization:

It helps to create the board report pack for financial reporting.

Room for Improvement:

There is need to improve the graphical and dashboard reports; they must have tabs. This gap is usually compensated by QlikView.

Use of Solution:

I have used this solution for five years.

Stability Issues:

The product is stable. At times, it is slow when you use relational database as a data source, however it is fast when you use multidimensional cubes for high volume data.

Scalability Issues:

It’s easy to integrate with the other Microsoft products. However, it is not as easy when connecting to other data sources like SAP ERP.

Technical support is good, I would give it an 8/10 rating.

Previous Solutions:

As implementors or consultants, we use different tools.

Initial Setup:

The setup was straightforward.

Cost and Licensing Advice:

It’s free if you have MS SQL database license. It comes together with SSIS, SSRS, SSAS and other tools.

Other Solutions Considered:

We looked at other solutions namely Crystal Reports and Oracle BI Publisher.

Other Advice:

It’s cheaper to implement in terms of the licensing.

It works well, especially when implementing the whole stack of Microsoft BI solution including SSAS for data modeling and SSIS for ETL.

Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: We are a a consulting company. We implement projects on behalf of the clients and provide support.

0 Comments

Anonymous avatar x30

Have A Question About Microsoft BI?

Our experts can help. 228,467 professionals have used our research on 5,836 solutions.