Microsoft BI Review

What is our primary use case?

Microsoft Power BI gives a true self-service tool to the user. The IT team can focus on ensuring that the database is in a good place. It is also in the cloud, which makes it easy for mobile access of reports and data.

How has it helped my organization?

The business users have taken to Microsoft BI like a duck to water. It requires a low amount of training. Users already using Excel can generate new reports and dashboards within minutes.

What needs improvement?

• Real-time refreshing for SAP BW would be nice. We know its on the radar for the development team at MS.
  • Not having to login again after a mobile app upgrade. A simple login on mobile would be great.

None.

None.

They are fabulous.

The previous products include Tableau, Cognos, BusinessObjects, and Sisense. All of them have high price tags! Why pay and get ripped off for these products when you have Power BI? It will give you just as much, growing every month at an acceptable cost model.

Want to waste a lot of money? Then go for the others, I can recommend BusinessObjects as a great way to burn your money.

Initial setup was very straightforward. Users can get up and running reporting on databases within minutes. I can read a number of databases including a good old Excel spreadsheet.

Internal Team. It is that easy. However, we did get a third party to do the training to key users for us. The course was tailored to our business.

Paid for itself in the first month.

Make it low in cost. It is a no-brainer!

Remove the cost of a licence to show a dashboard within SharePoint. Why should readers of a dashboard have to pay to view?

Globally, we evaluated a number of products, including Salesforce's product, Microsoft won on the ground of simple functionally and cost.

What other advice do I have?

Love that fact that we have a great development team that is moving the product forward every month.