Microsoft BI Review

Tool is easy to use, DAX coding language is good for creating formulae

What is our primary use case?

We use it for visualization, to create presentations and dashboards. It works pretty well.

How has it helped my organization?

We are using Power BI because it is one of the best tools. It has been very good for all situations. The DAX coding language is good for creating formulae.

What is most valuable?

It is easy to work with. The tool is very complete.

The stability is good, no problem. We haven't had any trouble with it.

Our solutions are not for very many people, say 25 users. For them, it works very well. I don't know how it works with more users than that.

The customers we work with didn't have very elegant solutions. They were using traditional ERP and were getting default reports. Now, with programming code, it is fantastic. They are very happy with our solutions with Power BI.

Qlik Sense and QlikView are very good tools, very close to Power BI. Tableau is also a competitor but we haven't used it.

What other advice do I have?

When selecting a vendor we look for expertise, a company that understands the problems and knows the market, solutions, tools; and one that creates successful products. That is the most important criterion. Also, when you are in front of your clients, you need to know who is supporting you from the back.

I would rate Power BI at eight out of 10 because it enables us to do all the things we want to do. Moving forward, for more than 5,000 users, or for very complex dashboards, we don't know how it works.

I always recommend Power BI. It's very good.