Microsoft BI Review

It is a powerful tool that helps our data analysis processes.

What is our primary use case?

We use Microsoft BI for all of our data analysis processes.

How has it helped my organization?

In comparison to Excel, this is a much more powerful tool.

What is most valuable?

It is a very good software solution. It makes life very easy for us. It is easy to grasp, and it is useful. The set-up visualization format was very helpful.

What needs improvement?

I've been working with connecting with the right platforms and we need to use other connectors to link with the data. This would be a nice feature for BI to add in the future. For example, we needed another connector in order to make our Wordpress functional. More options for the connectors are really important for us.

Less than one year.

At times it is not stable, and we need to use other connectors to link with the data.

We have not had a need for technical support for this solution.

When evaluating a new product, I would first ask my colleagues or other friends that I know based on what their opinions are about the product.  Also, I would be concerned with the level of crashes. The less they crash, the less problems and the easier our life will be. Furthermore, the level of support that the product provides is important, as well.

I used Excel and Rapidminer in the past. But, I really like the BI product.