Microsoft BitLocker Review
Prevents Unauthorised Access to Corporate Data

What is our primary use case?

Protect corporate data on devices (Laptops, Desktops, Tablets).
every week 100's of corporate devices lost just at airports and every device got personal/corporate data, its very important to protect such data from unauthorised use, hence is the solution to implement Microsoft Bitlocker Administration and Monitoring (MBAM)

How has it helped my organization?

I delivered three projects where the business does not have any encryption mechanism in place if the company or an employee lost any of the device, there are chances someone could view sensitive data. After the Microsoft BitLocker Administration and Monitoring (MBAM) implementation, in such cases, any unauthorised person will not be able to access the data.

If you already have older version of MBAM in place, there is an option to move existing keys over to new server which is great.

What is most valuable?

All keys stored centerally in database (SQL), option to have PIN / Enhanced PIN / USB Drives.

What needs improvement?

Microsoft Bitlocker Administration and Monitoring (MBAM) is one of the best solution available in the marekt to protect corporate data

More than five years.

Since it is a Microsoft product, there are no compatibility issues. Once planned well, it is a straightforward implementation.

No issues.

There is not much support unless a business has got a Premier support contract in place.

MBAM is the only solution that I have used for encryption.

You need to know the technical aspects and have a good understanding of Microsoft Client/Server OS. If you know that, then yes, it is pretty straightforward.

Well worth and perfect solution specially align with GDPR.

It is part of Microsoft Desktop Optimization Pack (MDOP) and economical compare to similar products.

No, we do not.

What other advice do I have?

Look at TechNet for relevant documentation and test many times before implementing in your production environment.