Microsoft Defender for Endpoint Review

Good protection against phishing attacks and spam, but seamless integration with EDR is needed

What is our primary use case?

We are using Microsoft Defender ATP to prevent anti-phishing, malware transportation, and unwanted spam emails.

What is most valuable?

What I like most is the protection against phishing emails and anti-spam.

What needs improvement?

The integration of the defense features is something that they are working on but it still needs improvement.

In the next release, I would like to have additional features integrated with DNS security and DNS resolution. It will add to the solution and work more like a firewall.

If they integrate with the EDR then it will benefit this solution.

I would like ATP to be integrated with the EDR as one single license.

I have been working with Microsoft Defender ATP for three years.

It is stable, but it depends on how you configure the existing ATP and what existing features you need to enable it.

Based on the features that are enabled, it will work perfectly. 60% to 80% will depend on the configuration that is done for the ATP trade products.

Microsoft Defender ATP is scalable at any point of time.

The technical support was good.

I would rate technical support a four out of five.

The initial setup was not easy but not complex. It was somewhere in between.

There were many things that needed to be integrated with the existing solution, which took some time. It took us a week to deploy this solution.

When compared with other vendors, the pricing is very high.

There are several other features that can be integrated with Microsoft Defender ATP such as EDR. But, it doesn't already come integrated with ATP. It's available at an additional cost.

If you want the EDR feature, you would have to purchase an E-file license. The cost is three times higher to have more productivity with the dashboard.

What other advice do I have?

It's a good solution. I would recommend Microsoft Defender ATP to anyone who is interested in using it.

I would rate Microsoft Defender ATP a seven out of ten.

Private Cloud