Microsoft Defender for Endpoint Review

Delivers comprehensive, ongoing, and real-time protection against a number of threats

What is our primary use case?

Within our company, there are roughly 400-500 users of this solution.

What is most valuable?

The antivirus features are very useful.

What needs improvement?

We encountered some issues when we were trying to enable automatic updates from our group policy.

We have onboarded a number of machines without any issues.

We find that Microsoft Defender Antivirus is very stable. We've experienced complications with other solutions in the past and found that this is one of the most stable solutions. It's also very scalable, too.

Marine data systems also handle our support. If we have any issues, we come to them first. Their support has been really good.

At first, the initial setup was a bit complex, but after we had some experience with it, it wasn't a problem.

Marine data systems is a partner of ours and they helped us with deployment — they're excellent.

We have evaluated and used Mindset before. We also evaluated Kaspersky. We decided to go with Microsoft Defender Antivirus because of its onboarding capabilities and automatic updating.

What other advice do I have?

Before settling on this solution, you should explore more than one form of ATP. Overall, Microsoft Defender Antivirus is a very good application.

On a scale from one to ten, I would give this solution a rating of ten.

Hybrid Cloud

Other
More Microsoft Defender for Endpoint reviews from users
...who compared it with McAfee MOVE AntiVirus
Learn what your peers think about Microsoft Defender for Endpoint. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: September 2021.
536,114 professionals have used our research since 2012.