Microsoft Defender for Office 365 Review

Protects from zero-day threats and ensures that attachments and links are safe, but has a lot of false positives and should have only one plan that takes care of everything

What is most valuable?

Safe attachments, safe links, policies, and the ability to protect from zero-day threats are the most valuable features.

What needs improvement?

In some situations, it has not been able to pick impersonated emails having no attachments. Technical support definitely has a scope for improvement.

I have been using this solution for the last one year. I have its latest version.

It is stable. We didn't find any issues with that.

It is highly scalable. We have deployed for around 7,000 accounts.  Performance is not impacted.

Their technical support can definitely be improved. They can avoid using templatized response.

We had basic Exchange Online Protection.

It was easy to configure and with one/two skilled the ongoing maintenance can be handled.

It has a simple interface to configure and manage. From the pricing point of view, like any other product in the market, there is scope for negotiation.

Before we chose to settle with this product, we experimented with Cisco, Forcepoint, etc.

What other advice do I have?

I would advise others to do a proof of concept for at least a month before taking a decision.

I would rate Microsoft Defender for Office 365 a eight out of ten.

More Microsoft Defender for Office 365 reviews from users
...who compared it with Symantec Advanced Threat Protection
Learn what your peers think about Microsoft Defender for Office 365. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: September 2021.
534,468 professionals have used our research since 2012.