Microsoft Dynamics AX Review

A stable and complete ERP solution

What is our primary use case?

We're using Microsoft Dynamics AX within a tech service. Our company is a shoe company in Pakistan, and we are using Microsoft AX in the head office and branches.

How has it helped my organization?

It's an ERP solution that helps us maintain the data, plan the production level and the branch level, and help the branches coordinate with the head office. This ERP solution helps in sales, helps in production, helps in inventory movement. It also gives you the profit and loss on all the basics.

What is most valuable?

I like that it's a complete ERP solution from production level to branch level. If you have a production department, they give you all the facilities for each item to make a product complete or complete a whole mission system. It's also helpful in completing incomplete information like articles. For example, receiving articles from the warehouse in our branches and online store. The software we're using isn't for the online store, but we are using it for production.

What needs improvement?

There are so many errors. For example, in some utilities, the procedure is basically for European countries and unsuitable for us. If we need to give somebody some utilities, like reports, we need to create some special reports in our environment. We need some standard utility where we're making purchase orders or something in the warehouse.

I've been using Microsoft Dynamics AX for more than two years.

Microsoft Dynamics AX is stable. I didn't find any problem like this.

We have a contract with Microsoft, and we don't have any problem with it because we have partners in Pakistan. If you need any help in that department, they help. If they can't, they file it directly with Microsoft. That's okay and not a problem thus far.

If you do the installation for this, sometimes it will be difficult. But after some time, when you test the demo servers, it will be easy and not complicated.

What other advice do I have?

I would advise potential users that it's a good solution on the technical side. I would recommend it.

On a scale from one to ten, I would give Microsoft Dynamics AX an eight.

More Microsoft Dynamics AX reviews from users
Learn what your peers think about Microsoft Dynamics AX. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
523,230 professionals have used our research since 2012.