Microsoft Dynamics AX Review

Helps organize, automate, and optimize our processes

What is our primary use case?

We have the following modules: Finance, Purchase, CRM, Treasury, and sales.

Within our company, there are roughly 15 employees using this solution.

How has it helped my organization?

I feel that most people are friendly with this solution. Using it, we can provide quick, thorough, and more effective service to our customers.

What is most valuable?

The relation between CRM and Sales, that's the main strength of this ERP.

What needs improvement?

They should include some modules related to solving customer problems or resolving support tickets from our customers — like a help desk for ERPs.

I would like to have more attractive options to migrate our ERP to the cloud. There should be something to motivate us to migrate our on-premises installation into the cloud installation.

I have been using Microsoft Dynamics AX for four years.

We actually have a lot of problems with the stability of Dynamics AX. We spend a lot of time trying to solve bugs and other issues. However, once all of these issues are solved, it's quite stable.

We spent two or three months trying to identify some problems related to our balance sheets. It wasn't listing our transactions correctly throughout the modules.

We have not had any issues with scalability because we are a small company. Scalability-wise, it's great.

Out of ten, I would give the technical support a rating of six.

We used to use a different solution, but It was outdated. That's why we migrated to a mobile ERP.

The initial setup was straightforward. Overall, it took six months.

We deployed everything at once. Our tech team installed everything from the beginning to the end, solving any problems along the way and moving quickly to go live.

We had a training partner and some consultants that guided us in the implementation — only for supervision purposes.

Overall, I believe eight people were involved in the deployment, including one team manager.

I don't know how much this solution costs off the top of my head, but I know that the cloud and SaaS solutions are cheaper.

What other advice do I have?

Overall, on a scale from one to ten, I would give this solution a rating of eight.

More Microsoft Dynamics AX reviews from users
Find out what your peers are saying about Microsoft, SAP, Oracle and others in ERP. Updated: March 2021.
473,605 professionals have used our research since 2012.