Microsoft Dynamics GP Review

User-friendly, great reporting, and offers good control

What is most valuable?

The solution has been great to work with so far. It offers a lot of control, which we really appreciate.

The product is very user-friendly and is easy to navigate.

You can track everything from beginning to end quite easily.

Their reporting is very extensive. If they cannot provide a certain report, they have a tool that is similar to a report writer that you can connect to and really customize the reports you need.

What needs improvement?

The purchase order and processing aspects of the solution should be improved.

In this latest version, they included mostly everything we currently require. The only thing that can be improved on is the way that transactions, for example, in account receivable, take place. When a customer makes a payment to us, it's unclear how to connect the software with the bank in order to properly identify the invoices and the amount of the payment the customer is paying us in order to apply those accounting and then close the invoices that are open. This would really save us a lot of time and energy if that aspect could be clarified or streamlined.

I've been working with the solution for about five years now, give or take.

The stability is good. We didn't have any issues with bugs or glitches. It's reliable.

The technical support is good. The company has its own developers on hand to answer any questions we might have. We're satisfied with the level of service we received.

The initial setup was a little complex. It's always uncomfortable when you are doing migrations from one system to the other and get the people to accept the new software or the newer ERP after they have worked for so long with another.

You have to learn a lot to set it up after the data is collected. We needed to make sure everything was properly displayed to the developers.

For us, the most complicated part is that it's a US-based software and we had to deal with a lot of tax regulations in Puerto Rico.

What other advice do I have?

We're just customers. We don't have a business relationship with Microsoft.

I'm not sure of the exact version we are using currently. It might be version 10.

I'd rate the solution eight out of ten.

More Microsoft Dynamics GP reviews from users
Find out what your peers are saying about Microsoft, Oracle, SAP and others in ERP. Updated: June 2021.
511,307 professionals have used our research since 2012.