Microsoft Dynamics GP Review

We did not encounter scalability issues when we tied CRM into the system.

What is most valuable?

Both the fact that it is highly customizable, as well as the reporting capabilities, are valuable.

How has it helped my organization?

I worked with GP 2013 at a previous employer, where we had upgraded two full versions in my time there. All versions were exceptional at making our accounting staff's jobs far easier. The reporting simplified monthly and quarterly metrics and saved everyone a great deal of time from working with spreadsheets, where manual data entry was required.

What needs improvement?

With the exception of the great deal of work we put into customizing the system for our inventory needs, the only suggestion for improvement would be to simplify even further the administration and customization side of things.

I have used it for five years.

Although I had to completely rebuild the host server due to hardware failures, the deployment was straightforward and no issues were encountered.

No stability issues encountered.

No scalability issues encountered, including when we tied Microsoft Dynamics CRM into the system.

Customer service is excellent.

Technical support is excellent.

We did not previously use a different solution.

Initial setup was straightforward; the only complexity was based on our specific business needs.

It was originally implemented through vendor; then, final implementation was handled in-house.

Customizations can significantly increase the cost, including when upgrading versions.

Evaluations were completed prior to my joining the company

What other advice do I have?

If a team is not available to manage the system, be sure the best systems administrator is familiar with the system, and work closely with your preferred VAR.