Microsoft Dynamics NAV Review

A useful enterprise resource planning app that makes data more manageable

What is our primary use case?

We use Microsoft Dynamics NAV for everything that the software has to offer. Some accounting, financing, a little bit of CRM, order processing, marketing sales, and ERP.

How has it helped my organization?

Microsoft Dynamics NAV has helped us reduce the amount of paper used within the organization.

What is most valuable?

Everything seems to be useful for each production department. We have everything recorded in the database, so our data is much more manageable than before. That's one of the greatest advantages.

What needs improvement?

Customization and costs could be improved. Customization is a little complex, so we don't do that. We just use the basic features provided there. We also don't have a theme to customize it as it costs a lot.

In terms of what I see from the IT department, it would help if we could create an application within Dynamics NAV itself, like a dashboard, which we could customize ourselves.

It'll also help if they had documentation to help with API programming. I have a hard time finding the documentation about it. We need to drill down through the output and input of the structures they gave us, and I can't find a detailed explanation of the objects and properties.

I've been using Microsoft Dynamics NAV for about seven years.

The stability of Microsoft Dynamics NAV is quite good. I think on a scale from one to ten; I'm going to give it a seven or an eight as it depends on the database.

Scalability depends on the hardware as the software is really simple. Scalability also depends on the database.

Our Microsoft partner here is quite responsive whenever we call them.

At first, the initial setup feels complex, and we have to do some modeling to know how to deploy it. We've been studying it, and it's becoming quite easy compared to SAP.

The first time we tried to buy the newest version, it was expensive.

What other advice do I have?

I would advise potential users to get whatever data is needed to implement this. The partnership should give you whatever you need, according to your experience.

Just ask what's the requirement and follow the partner's guide. It's already a step-by-step process. It's not going to be very difficult to follow. They will explain what's required of us as the customer and what data we should put there.

On a scale from one to ten, I would give Microsoft Dynamics NAV an eight.

More Microsoft Dynamics NAV reviews from users
Learn what your peers think about Microsoft Dynamics NAV. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: May 2021.
510,204 professionals have used our research since 2012.