Microsoft Dynamics NAV Review
By centralizing the main data, each employee has the necessary information in real time.

What is most valuable?

Financial analytics provide end users with a real good picture of financial information, such as income and P&L. It can be divided by organization unit, for example, and it can be reported in one additional currency.

How has it helped my organization?

By centralizing the main data, each employee has the necessary information in real time. Analytics are helping management make the right decisions.

What needs improvement?

Can’t remember what to improve in MS Dynamics NAV at this time.

With every new version, more or less, the software is constantly improving.

From my experience, every client (company) that I spoke with, has asked for some customization/improvements. It seems like I have mixed the customization and improvements.

All the areas (modules) of the MS Dynamics NAV are really well-covered, so at this time, I can’t remember what needs to improve exactly.

I have been using base and earlier versions for more than 10 years. I have been using version 2016 for one year.

I did not encounter any issues with stability.

I use some local solutions. I did not completely switch to Dynamics NAV. Dynamics NAV is worldwide product, so you can find arrangements (jobs) in different countries.

In early versions, the installation was more complex. With newer versions, it became more straightforward. It depends on the complexity of the client's business and necessary customizations.

For basic implementations of ten user, prices are more affordable with the newer versions. Previously, the cost of licensing and implementation was much higher. Microsoft often has some sales actions for licensing.

My basic product orientation is to Dynamics NAV.  I have not evaluated other options recently.

What other advice do I have?

Take a good look and do some analytics before implementation. Planning a budget for initial implementation can be underestimated due to unforeseen issues.