Microsoft 400x400

Microsoft Dynamics NAV Review
End users can create their own reports from the chart of an account.

Valuable Features:

• Accounting Reporting: Account Schedule and Analysis By Dimension
  • Flexibility for end users to create their own reports from the chart of an account
  • Integrated export to Excel

Improvements to My Organization:

Accounting reporting can be done just in time.

Room for Improvement:

Setup security needs to be simpler. It needs to be more user friendly for consultants or users to set up. Currently, performing this task requires deep knowledge about tables, forms, pages, and reporting. It is a hard task for consultants to determine the security (roles for user, which module / table can be access by user).

In version 2016, the workflow for approval systems such as the workflow for credit limit approval and purchase order approval still has bugs.

Use of Solution:

I have used it for 15 years (since 2002).

Stability Issues:

We have not encountered any stability issues.

Scalability Issues:

We have not encountered any scalability issues.

Technical support is 7/10.

Previous Solutions:

We did not previously use a different solution.

Initial Setup:

Initial setup was complex, because there is no handbook or manual for step-by-step setup; the information is module by module; and there is no check list. A consultant must do it by experience and best practice.

Cost and Licensing Advice:

The license price can be adjusted according to country.

Other Solutions Considered:

Before choosing this product, we did not evaluate other options. It is the first product since I became involved in ERP until now…

Other Advice:

It is a good product. Please review the product and the partner who will implement this (experience , customer base and the consultant team).

Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: I am a consultant at a Microsoft Dynamic Partner.

0 Comments

Have A Question About Microsoft Dynamics NAV?

Our experts can help. 204,145 professionals have used our research on 5,518 solutions.