Microsoft Dynamics SL Review

Easy to set up, scales easily, and offers good compliance

What is our primary use case?

We primarily implement the solution for our clients. The solution is an ERP (enterprise resource planning) solution.

What is most valuable?

The solution has many helpful features.

The stability is very good. Its performance is reliable.

The solution is extremely useful for e-commerce companies.

The compliance has been very useful.

The solution is quite stable.

The scalability is good.

It's pretty easy to set up.

What needs improvement?

The licensing of the solution should be adjusted. The policies aren't ideal. They should make it easier to understand. Right now, it's too confusing.

Microsoft should add some MRP solutions or MRP modules. When we compare it with SAP, for example, their MRP features are great. They're very efficient. Microsoft could add similar features in order to make themselves more competitive and to expand their offering.

Technical support could be simplified. There are too many tiers in tiers of service support and the first one isn't very helpful.

I've been using the solution for more than 13 years. It's been more than a decade. I have a lot of experience with it.

The solution seems to be very stable in general. I can't recall dealing with bugs or glitches. It doesn't crash or freeze.

The scalability is nice and easy. The process is pretty smooth. If a company needs to expand, it can do so.

Technical support within Microsoft has a lot of levels. When you want some support from Microsoft, you don't get a technical engineer that will try to support you at the first level. Generally, when we have contact with the first level of the technical people, they will try to understand the problem, however, generally, they don't end up solving anything. You need to move to the second or third level, where you will get a support engineer that might be more helpful. This way of moving through tiers of support should change. It would be faster if you could get to the right person right away, and the first tier isn't that helpful.

Microsoft also has an online community where you can get support as well. You might be able to troubleshoot that way.

The initial setup was not overly complex. It was quite straightforward and easy to understand. The entire implementation process was very simple. A company shouldn't find it to be difficult.

What other advice do I have?

We are a Microsoft Gold partner.

I'd rate the solution at a nine out of ten. We've been quite happy with the capabilities of the solution overall.

Find out what your peers are saying about Microsoft, SAP, Viewpoint and others in ERP. Updated: September 2021.
536,244 professionals have used our research since 2012.