Microsoft Exchange Online Review

Massive storage capacity with 100 GB per user mailbox

How has it helped my organization?

In terms of mail, it is on the cloud and there is a lot of dependency on the internal server, which is not exactly great.

The online version is faster, as it is a cloud instance. We can have massive mailbox capacity: 100 GB per user, which is huge. We can't provision such capacity internally, as the company would get burnt out paying for mailbox storage. You have no idea how relieved the Fortune 500 company mail admins were with this.

What is most valuable?

The onboard anti-spam is pretty good. Therefore, you do not need to invest in an additional anti-spam product. If needed, invest in an anti-malware solution, specifically for weeding out damage at the email level.

It has massive storage capacity with 100 GB per user mailbox.

What needs improvement?

I would prefer an anti-malware functionality in at least the basic version.

I have deployed Office 365 and migrated my on-premise version to the cloud. Though I was a bit skeptical to move when money and backup functionality came into picture, the migration started to gain momentum. It has been more than four years since we started to use it.

There is no server downtime. It never runs out of mechanical resources as it is the cloud version.

More Microsoft Exchange Online reviews from users
Find out what your peers are saying about Microsoft, Google, Zimbra and others in Email Applications. Updated: July 2021.
523,230 professionals have used our research since 2012.