Microsoft Exchange Review

A stable and scalable business email and calendaring server that's user-friendly

What is most valuable?

It's a very user-friendly application. The mail server is also valuable when compared to other services like SquirrelMail.

What needs improvement?

From a security point of view, Microsoft should enhance the new features. Technical support could also be better.

I have been working with Microsoft Exchange for about three or four years.

Exchange is a very good Microsoft product, and it's very stable. It's rare to face issues like mailboxes, but troubleshooting is very easy.

From a security point of view, Microsoft Edge's role is very good. This is because the Edge server is not part of an internal network. If there's a vector attack on Exchange, it will affect only the internal Exchange Edge server and not our private network or DMZ.

This product is reliable and very scalable. We have almost 5,000 users at the moment.

Technical support is average at best. Many times Microsoft engineers took a long time to support us after we logged a case.

What other advice do I have?

Microsoft Exchange is for any company with 400 to 500 people, but a mid-size company can also use this product. It's not very costly for them. The alternative many companies are using is Gmail desktop services with about 100 users. I don't know about the quantity, but many companies are using Gmail as a free service because they don't want to invest in other products like Microsoft Exchange or Microsoft Office 365.

On a scale from one to ten, I would give Microsoft Exchange a nine.

More Microsoft Exchange reviews from users
...who work at a Construction Company
...who compared it with Microsoft Exchange Online
Learn what your peers think about Microsoft Exchange. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: May 2021.
510,882 professionals have used our research since 2012.