Microsoft Exchange Review

The access by any user with mobile or laptop is a huge selling point.

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case is sending and responding to email.

How has it helped my organization?

Our primary use is protection of email. Email is the primary mode of communication. With Exchange, the user can access it anywhere on mobile or laptop. It becomes easy for them to communicate with their vendors and consumers. So that is why we chose Exchange.

What is most valuable?

It is easy to use and we can allow many users because now our users are scattered  They over a wide area. We can use it from anywhere. That is the main benefit for us.

What needs improvement?

In terms of probability, every now and then there are changes coming and going. The changes are not that frequent because every month they got updates back, so that is an issue.

Three to five years.

We always have a higher variability configuration ready and we've got two mailbox servers, so even if one goes down, we can use it, we can still access our mail. As far as variability in internet we've never had any major issues.

We have not had scalability concerns. We had already planned for scalability and everything, and when we started we were only ten user accounts but we got thousand users so we planned for a thousand users so we never had any issue. We still have room for expansion so it's not an issue for us.

We previously used Google gmail. But,we have a lot of expertise with Exchange. And the thing with Google, or any dormant solution, is that we are a semi-dormant algorithm and we can't have our data out on the cloud.

It was a straightforward implementation. We just had five or six servers off Exchange and never had any issues. It was a very straightforward thing for us, we just made sure that we found it well and we went by the phases and a small issues moving from the old version of Exchange to the new version of Exchange, but it was small DNA. No major issues along the way.

What other advice do I have?

VNA redundancy has grown in the data, VNA data variability has grown, even in case VNA found the server goes down, and users can still access their email. So basically everything is good. The feature VNA almost as good as having your own Outlook, although it's better VNA.