Microsoft Intune Review

Business Desktop Workspace in a serverless environment

What is our primary use case?

Serverless Win10 with App deployment, Azure Active Directory and remote support. Can now co-manage devices with both Intune and Configuration Manager!

What is most valuable?

The ability to (somewhat) manage full Windows 10 computers including EXE-based or MSI-based application deployments using Azure Active Directory as Identity.

And NOW (last quarter 2017), the ability to co-manage computers with BOTH InTune and System Centre Configuration Manager allows complex application delivery and ConfigMgr reporting etc to add more value.

How has it helped my organization?

For our customer, it meant no on-premise systems configuration infrastructure or identity management services were required.

What needs improvement?

Logs and similar deployment/remediation detail for application delivery to Windows 10 computers should to be improved

Additional application deployment options e.g. MSI deployment with more complex parameters or additional side-by-side files, and non-MSI deployment options.

Unsure. Some application deployments to Windows 10 computers would not start for a long period, with no recourse but to wait and see.

Not relevant in our situation.

It wasn’t necessary to escalate an any point.

We didn’t have a previous tool. The solution was required to extract a company from another as part of a demerger. The new entity was our customer.

Application delivery to Windows 10 was straightforward for someone with prior System Centre Configuration Manager and application deployment skill sets.

We are the vendor. Intune expertise was low at the start of the engagement, but we now have a fully developed Modern Management (Intune) practice.

Not calculated

Consider the Microsoft Enterprise Mobility Suite rather than choosing specific sub-components, e.g. only Microsoft Intune.

We didn’t examine other tools.

What other advice do I have?

Allow sufficient time to pilot and test.

With the ability to now co-manage computers with BOTH InTune and System Centre Configuration Manager, you can pilot-test Intune without compromising on your proven systems management using ConfigMgr.

Disclosure: I work for the vendor.