Microsoft Intune Review

Provides functionality for data protection on one's laptop and desktop

What is our primary use case?

The solution affords data protection on mobile device management. It also provides functionality for data protection on one's laptop and desktop. But, this requires a different ecosystem for the provision of full data protection. A person can utilize this if he has a cloud proxy and something in his infrastructure.

What is most valuable?

MM and MDM are two useful features that we employ.

What needs improvement?

It would be great to see on-premises mailboxes and for the solution to have geofencing capabilities.

As it is a next generation product, the patching abilities should also be addressed.

We have been using Microsoft Intune for the last three or four years.

As the solution is a software as a service, the scalability is unlimited.

We are satisfied with the partner and community support of Microsoft.

The initial setup can be a bit complex, although this ultimately depends on the requirements of the business. If a proper framework is established then the solution is simpler to deploy.

Moreover, the company culture impacts the complexity of the deployment. There are times when we must provide guides or that user training is required. When deploying in the developer community, in which the participants are tech savvy, the process will be easier. Conversely, when doing so in a non-developer community, this process can take awhile.

The licensing costs we leave up to the customer and these vary from one to another. This is because it depends on whether or not the customer will opt for an open license enterprise agreement.

What other advice do I have?

The solution is solely cloud-based.

We work with medium and enterprise businesses.

I rate Microsoft Intune as an eight out of ten.

**Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: integrator
More Microsoft Intune reviews from users
...who compared it with VMware Workspace ONE
Learn what your peers think about Microsoft Intune. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
521,189 professionals have used our research since 2012.