Microsoft Intune Review

Is stable, scalable, easy to use, and easy to roll out with low impact on users

What is our primary use case?

We have some security policies pushed to our laptops, and we use Microsoft Intune to mainly monitor if they are up to date. The reason why we use it is to keep the patch levels on par for our end points.

How has it helped my organization?

Now, we have an automated registered inventory of all our laptops, and we know exactly which software needs to be updated.

What is most valuable?

It is easy to use and easy to roll out with low impact on users.

It is stable and scalable as well.

Also, the central administration con dashboard is very easy to use and provides very good oversight on all that needs to be monitored.

What needs improvement?

The pricing could be improved.

As for additional features, full integration with Microsoft Office 365 would be great.

We have been using Microsoft Intune for half a year or so.

It is a stable solution.

Microsoft Intune is a scalable solution, and we have about 142 users.

We've still got a few more end points to roll it out on, but our increase will be in functionality. Now, we're only looking at updates, but in principle, we can actually push security policies as well.

The initial setup was straightforward and easy to roll out.

Our own technical staff implemented it, and it took about one month.

What other advice do I have?

I would advise that you educate your staff first before rolling it out. Give them ample education and training on how to implement it and on how it's going to be used.

The biggest lesson I learned from using Microsoft Intune is that the central administration con dashboard is very easy to use and provides very good oversight on all we want to monitor.

I would rate Microsoft Intune at nine on a scale from one to ten because it's so easy to use and easy to rollout with low impact on users.

More Microsoft Intune reviews from users
...who compared it with VMware Workspace ONE
Learn what your peers think about Microsoft Intune. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: September 2021.
535,919 professionals have used our research since 2012.