Microsoft MDS Review
Provides a secure way to manage master data. The business rules definition interface could be improved.

What is most valuable?

• Web Service integration
  • Customer Workflow Extensions

How has it helped my organization?

This product provides a robust, flexible, and secure way for my organization and our customers to manage master data without the need to write code. MDS provides excellent integration options and a range of features such as auditing, trace-ability, and change capture.

What needs improvement?

The business rules definition interface could be improved. It is not the most intuitive or easy to use GUI.

We have used this for five years.

The product is very stable.

No scalability issues. The product performs well and has good options in this regard.

I would give technical support a rating of 9/10.

This was the first MDM platform I had used.

The setup was very straightforward. The installation wizard and the configuration manager are simple and intuitive.

MDS is packaged as part of the Microsoft SQL Server platform and no additional license is required.

We evaluated Oracle and SAP.

What other advice do I have?

MDS can be setup and used very quickly to establish if it can bring value to your organization. Don't hesitate based on the perception that MDM software is complex to implement.

2 Comments

GaryMReal UserTOP 5POPULAR

Try upgrading to 2016, the business rules interface is dramatically improved.

23 June 17
Joe KeatingReal UserTOP 20

It is a lot better in 2016 Gary, not so much of a black art anymore.

01 November 17