Microsoft Office SharePoint Server Review

Easy to use but offers poor integrations with Oracle and has inflexible security configuration

What is our primary use case?

I primarily use the solution for the portal.

What is most valuable?

The solution is pretty easy to use for the most part.

What needs improvement?

I can't configure the current security I want. There are a lot of bots in it.

Sharepoint doesn't integrate well with Oracle, and we use a lot of Oracle products at our company. Therefore, it makes more sense for us to go to Oracle instead of continuing to use Sharepoint.

I've been using the solution for 15 years.

The solution is mostly stable, but from time to time it does crash. Our team is able to fix it when that happens.

We've never had to contact technical support. My company is in Iran and because of the sanctions, the technical support system is not available for us.

We're in the process of switching to Oracle right now. Soon we'll stop using Sharepoint, mostly because Oracle is easier to integrate for us.

The initial setup was very, very easy. It was not complex at all.

Our original deployment took about six months. We needed about three people to handle it.

I handled the implementation for the company.

The solution is free. We don't have to pay for licensing.

What other advice do I have?

We're using the public cloud deployment model.

I wouldn't recommend Sharepoint; I'm much more likely to recommend people use Oracle instead. It's more compatible and makes integration much easier because our company uses Oracle databases and APIs.

I'd rate the solution six out of ten.

2013
More Microsoft Office SharePoint Server reviews from users
Learn what your peers think about Microsoft Office SharePoint Server. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: September 2021.
534,299 professionals have used our research since 2012.