Microsoft OneDrive Review

A transparent and self-explanatory storage system for data and files

What is our primary use case?

We began using OneDrive with our migration to using Office 365.

What is most valuable?

One of the good features is that the users are not even aware that they're using it. It is the backend of our Office 365. If they using applications like SharePoint, Teams, and OneNote, and all of their data and files are stored transparently on OneDrive. They even use OneDrive as a place to store backups.

You can also use OneDrive for personal email when you are using Outlook.

Using OneDrive for storage is self-explanatory.

What needs improvement?

The user interface sometimes fails and when it cannot connect, it does not give the reason why. Interface-wise, I prefer Google drive.

We have been using OneDrive for Enterprise for the past two years.

We use OneDrive on a daily basis.

It can easily scale up to your preference. Having an enterprise agreement makes it easy to scale up and down, and we have more than 10,000 users in our company.

We are quite happy with Microsoft's technical support. We use many different products from them including Office, Azure, Teams, and our operating systems.

Our in-house team handles deployment and maintenance. By the time somebody opens their laptop, everything has already been set up by the administrator.

We pay a lot for the Enterprise version, but it is a premium service.

What other advice do I have?

My advice for anybody who is implementing OneDrive is to make sure that the infrastructure is solid. Microsoft products require a good core infrastructure to get the best performance and potential for usage. If you don't have a good infrastructure then you will get complaints from the users, so it is better to solve the problem as soon as possible.

Overall, we are quite happy with it and don't have any complaints.

More Microsoft OneDrive reviews from users
...who work at a Energy/Utilities Company
...who compared it with Dropbox
Learn what your peers think about Microsoft OneDrive. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
521,817 professionals have used our research since 2012.